September 30, 2011

One project down, so many more to go

Earlier this month I was rummaging through my mom's sewing stuff and found day-of-the-week towels to embroider. I wanted to take all of them with me but my mom said to take one first and if I finished I could come back for another. I don't have a good track record with projects. They get started but slowly I begin to lose interest. It almost happened with the Lunes towel I took with me that day, but earlier this week I finished it! I felt so accomplished. Sewing helped me relax after a long day, it helped me be less bored on weekend afternoons when there was nothing to do and I'd be all alone.


After week one. This is all I thought about when I was at work.
Saturday afternoons with Bearded Man's mom. She was crocheting a dress and we were listening to Mexican oldies all afternoon.
Embroidering the word "Lunes" was the hardest part and I almost gave up on it.
I neglected my project for a week and decided to pick it up again.
Fucking finally! The embroidery part is done, but then I was reminded that I have to crochet the edges to make it look nicer for the tortillas it will be holding.


But that can wait, because now it's time for me to start working on this bad boy.

When I saw this at a thrift store, I thought "Jeez what an ugly blouse." But after staring at it for a few minutes I convinced myself that I can make it pretty. 
Wish me luck on this project. I'm really liking this whole finishing things that I've started.

No comments:

Post a Comment