September 19, 2011

Old ladies

This will be the only post in which I mention work, and the only reason why I'll talk about it now is because it partly pertains to the story about me and my interesting interactions with old ladies.
The non-smokers in the billing department go on walks around 4 o'clock, because after 7 hours of dealing with flaky doctors and even flakier health insurance companies, a nice long walk around the block really does relax you. Besides lunch, it's the part of my workday that I look forward to the most. Today we took our usual route when we see an old lady with her dog, walking in our direction---and in slow motion, we saw her trip and fall but I CAUGHT HER!!! And there I was, on my afternoon walk with the non-smokers, holding an old lady in my arms.
This is not the first time this happens to me, I always seem to be at the right place, the right time when an old lady just trips and falls and I catch her. I'm not here to pat myself on the back, or give myself a hi-five for helping old ladies, I'd like to figure out why this happens.
Maybe this happens to me because interactions with both my grandmothers is nonexistent (one of them died at a very young age and the other, well, let's just say that she and I have a very hard time trying to see eye to eye), and so by helping these ladies I'm getting the grandmotherly interactions I've always wanted and this is the way it happens.
Or! What if these women helped an old lady who fell in their past and now I'm helping them, and one day some young woman is going to help me when I fall and it all comes full circle?
Whatever it is, I'm really glad that the old lady I caught today didn't get hurt and she's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment