September 10, 2011

Never Too Old

NOTE: This video is by samstryke17 and from April 2011

I'm starting to feel old when I go to shows. I remember not that long ago, I was always near the front of the stage, but now I find myself inching my way to the back to escape the many windmills and kicks. Last night we went to see Sabertooth Zombie at Gilman and it's always at Gilman that I find myself thinking "am I too old for this shit?" and "will I still be coming to shows at Gilman when I'm even older?" The answers are no and yes. As long as there's good music and people that still want to put on shows and folks who enjoy going to shows, then it's still a worthwhile past time. I'm not going to be partaking in the circle pit anymore, but when a band plays a song that is worth jumping into the pit, then I'm sure as hell going to jump in it. You're never too old to rock out. So what if I got a cramp afterward? So what if I feel sore the next day? I'm not too old for this shit.

Check out Sabertooth Zombie, they're an awesome band with a great sense of humor and never boring at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment