October 8, 2011

Snuff (or, I'm sorry for not showing you any real "scary" movies yet, Bearded Man)

Never trust a Netflix blurb. EVER. I was deceived and thought that a movie called Snuff would have been an all-around gore fest and terrifying movie because, well, the title of the movie is Snuff. Don't get me wrong, the movie was okay for a grindhouse movie, I'm a fan of low budget horror movies, but this movie was something else entirely.
One, it starts off like this:
It's as if all the cool girls got together and decided to make a movie with a soundtrack that included Argentine versions of  Steppenwolf and The Doors songs and really really bad editing and voice overs because this movie was made in Argentina but based in Chile. Why not just make it in Chile to begin with?

Two: It's loosely based on the Sharon Tate murder and the Charles Manson clan.
This is the leader, Satan (pronounced SAH-tan, not SAY-tan), and this is his crew
This is the movie's Sharon Tate, Terry London:
In the parts of the movie that made any sense, Satan and his girls were on a mission to kill Terry London and sacrifice her unborn child, because all of a sudden she was pregnant in the middle of the movie. When did that happen? I have no idea.
I actually thought it was going to be a good movie, but it turned out to be a big disappointment. Every time I tell Bearded Man that we're going to watch a good horror movie, it turns out that it wasn't even scary at all and he just looks at me "What was that?" My apologies, Bearded Man.
Next time, we're going to watch something by George A. Romero.

No comments:

Post a Comment