October 2, 2011

Hipster baby

Babies scare and confuse me. One minute they're happy, the next they're not. And usually, if I hold them, they start crying immediately. They must sense that I don't have any maternal qualities . Sometimes the bearded man and I joke around about having a child and naming him Charlie Day and have him wear shirts with horses on them, but quickly remind ourselves that us minus baby equals happy us. So, thank goodness for nephews. This is baby Nomar, Bearded Man's nephew and today he hung out with us for a while. I flipped the bill on his little cap and made him into a hipster baby. He enjoyed it, I got a good laugh out of it, and then gave him back to his mom. That's how I like my babies, if they are nieces and nephews, young cousins, or even a younger sibling (like my beautiful baby sister, Pilar, who is three), and not actually my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment