May 27, 2012

Spontaneous DIY Sunday

Today I decided to tie-dye one of my newest band t-shirts to the best of my ability. I've dyed clothes before, but had never done tie-dye because I considered that shit for the hippies. But seeing as this t-shirt was white and not black, I decided to do something different--very different! I had one box of navy dye left over from a few months back when I went a little dye-crazy and decided that it was the only color  I wanted to work with (also because I was too lazy to leave my house to buy a different color). 
Tie-dye, and DIY itself, isn't supposed to be perfect no matter what results you see on DIY-whatever tutorials. My DIY projects are the worst example of great results. Nothing ever comes out the way I envision it, but I still wear all of my DIY projects gone bad. I'm wearing a pair of dark purple jeans that were supposed to turn out black but never did as I type this! If you don't like something and want to change it, do it. If it doesn't turn out the way you wanted it to, who the fuck cares? OWN IT! So, here it is: my first attempt at tie-dye. I'm the only one now with a CRYPT KEEPER tie-dye tank top, unless there is someone out there with one too. I'd like to see!
BEFORE
The materials on hand.

I forgot to wear gloves and I'll be sporting purple hands for the next week. Also, excuse the mess, we're in the process of cleaning out a bunch of junk from our backyard.
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment