December 29, 2011

Everything has to come to an end

Since everyone is doing this, here's my best of for 2011:

Best (sweetest) thing I heard someone say:
"Hold on to me, my love"--an elderly man saying this to his wife who could barely walk.

Best creepy moment:
I swear to this day that we were being watched by Tom Cruise the entire time and that we were going to die a horrible, horrible death.

Best road trip:
We drank, we head banged, we conquered at Scion Metal Fest 2011 in Pomona, CA. 

Best "I need to start using ear plugs now" moment:

Best purchase:
It's a tie between car insurance and my new Marc by Marc Jacobs purse.
(And just to throw it in there, worst purchase was those black Onitsuka Tiger shoes I bought on Black Friday. They're basically overpriced shoes made out of recycled cardboard.)

Best date with the Bearded Man
Our day in SF.

Best FUCK YEAH! I'M SO EXCITED!!! moment:
Watching, listening to Henry Rollins interview Dinosaur Jr. and then seeing Dinosaur Jr. play so loud they rival Neurosis.
Also, getting hired at my internship, and then a week later my mom got hired at her job after being unemployed for almost 2 years. 

Best anything:
Every other day that I didn't mention. The days where I all I did was go to work, come home, go out, eat food, drink beers, read, window-shop, run errands, make horrible jokes, go on bike rides, make plans but never follow through cause all of the above goes on instead, start on and sometimes finish projects, and watch tv.

I think 2011 was a pretty damn good year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment