July 18, 2012

Spontaneous DIY Wednesday night


Who knows how others create projects, but I know that mine cannot be planned out. They never work when I plan it out. So after many failed planned DIY projects, I gave up and now do everything on a whim. This afternoon this idea (pictured above) to turn a plain men's black long sleeve into a pocket tee came up in a moment of boredom at work. 

Any plain old oversize t-shirt will do. Go nuts with it. The cut of the shirt depends on your preferences.

After you've cut your sleeves, use the excess and trace out a pocket. I have another pocket tee already, so I just used that as a pattern. 

Cut it and sew it on. If you have a sewing machine, you are very lucky! I sewed this pocket on by hand. (Sorry for the shit quality photo. It's spontaneous, duh.)

And these are the results. If you can see the detail, congrats! You have amazing vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment