June 4, 2012

CHAOS IN TEJAS 2012


Chaos in Tejas 2012 line up
The weekend that I had long waited for finally came and went, and boy, was it something else (I mean this in a good way). I've been to music festivals before, but the Chaos in Tejas experience was about a million times better than....Coachella will ever be. The amount of punks from all over the place that came down upon Austin was huge. There was no shortage of people wearing black and vests in Austin's downtown area. Chaos in Tejas was one of the most amazing experiences: we met cool people, saw some familiar faces, ate really good vegan food, saw 54 bands in 4 days, and walked who knows how many miles to and from the venues underneath the hot, HOT Texas sun.
Usually I'll try to take as many photos as I can on my trips or outings, but taking a shit ton of photos of every little thing becomes more of a chore for me. These are the photos I took throughout my weekend in Austin, I was too busy walking, drinking warm Lone Star, and watching some really cool bands play.

Criaturas kicked off the weekend.

The 2 balconies at Mohawk were rad.


We saw Negative Standards 3 times and they were always good. This show was at Trailer Space, there were a ton of things to look at and felt more like a cool hang out spot than a record store.
Outside Trailer Space. It was cooler outside than it was inside.
Cheer Up Charlie's nice shade. You can't see it in this photo but it was the prettiest shade of light purple I've ever seen.




The Texas State Capitol building is a MASSIVE piece of architecture. And we didn't even know it was a block away from our hotel until we went on a beer and food run!
Probably one of my favorite things I saw during this trip: VESTS, VEST, VESTS!


Places we visited:
Jackalope
The Hot Dog King
Arlo's
Me So Hungry
Mohawk
Red 7
Cheer Up Charlie's
The Scoot Inn
Beerland
Club Deville
Trailer Space
TX state capitol building

No comments:

Post a Comment