March 25, 2012

The things that stick with you

Sometimes I never listen to what the singer in a band has to say, it's either because I can't hear from the ear plugs that I wear to protect my shitty hearing or I just flat out tune out when the music stops in between songs and only tune in when the music starts. I'd seen the band OUTLOOK once before and the singer of the band, a cool girl named Adriana, was telling a story about her cousin in the navy who was ashamed of the things he had to do during his tours in Iraq. I don't know why that story stuck with me, why I've thought about that story many times after that. She told the story today, and even though I'd heard her tell the story before, it still made me a little teary-eyed. And then I saw one of the best sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment