January 18, 2012

Not so pretty in pink

I watched Pretty in Pink for the first time in a long while. Back in the day, I used to love this movie and think that I was just like Andy because I was a loner and oh so different from everyone else. The more I watched the movie, the more it bugged me. I began to hate Pretty in Pink (okay, more like strongly dislike).
The movie is so flawed.
1. Andy isn't so different from everyone else since she pines to be like the yuppie kids at her high school and she desperately wants to bang a guy named Blaine.
2. Blaine isn't some sweet guy because he totally ditches Andy cause he's embarrassed of her broke ass.
3. Ducky. He wasn't cool, he was a fucking stalker.
4. Are we really supposed to believe that James Spader is a 17 or 18 year old?
5. Why did Andy fuck up that beautiful pink dress that Iona gives her? It was fine the way it was!

There are still a few things I like a lot.
1. Iona, all of her outfits, and her personality.
2. The soundtrack.
3. Andy's dog.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, but James Spader was so fricking hot that I could care less that he looked older than 17 or 18. I went to high school with guys that looked every bit as old as Spader did...except for the chest hair. ;) He was just an awesome dick in this movie...still love him in it.

    ReplyDelete